I don’t believe that I have actually discussed my travel plans on here yet, but there isn’t really point so I am now actually doing it and I might as well just post about what I am doing instead of what I intend to do.
I spent all of Monday (four days before this post) prepping and packing for my traveling. My intention was to have one carry-on bag for the 6 week trip, which I managed to do without problem:
- 1 pair jeans (wear other pair)
- 10 underwear/socks
- 10 shirts
- laptop (my new Eee PC!) + power cord + headset (for Skype)
- digital camera (Canon PowerShot SD1000 (I got it $150 cheaper 8 months ago at Target)) + charger
- deodorant + toothbrush/paste + Q-tips + face wash + lotion + sunscreen + shampoo
- Spanish dictionary and book of verbs
- alarm clock
- packable backpack
I had also gotten one of those hang-inside-your-pants deals for carrying things out of the reach of pickpockets. This houses my driver’s license, passport, luggage keys, etc.
And I got it all into the new travel bag I got while in Iowa. It weighed in at just over 18 pounds.